Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas!
Yes...it's sad.
Normally, I'm all about Christmas. I'm ready to bring out the Christmas tree around the 4th of July.
Today- we've spent the day de-Halloween'ing our house- and preparing for christmas.
I say "preparing" because it's a big event.

There are closets to be cleaned, carpet to be vaccummed and furniture to be moved.

We have four christmas trees. Yes, 4!
They are not all huge- but there are four of them....
The biggest, a 7.5 foot tree, is in the great room when you first walk in our house. This is the family tree with all of "our" ornaments.

Then...there is the 6.5 tree set up in the living room where we all hang out. This tree is specifically the MICKEY tree. That includes all Mickey Mouse ornaments, tree shirt, tree topper and lights. Yes- it's extreme- but it's cool!

Then, there is a small tree which normally goes into Brendan's room. He can pick whichever ornaments he wants.
And then there is the really small one- with a whole bunch of miniture Star Wars ornaments- that's Scott's little tree.

That's just the trees- not to mention all the ornaments, all the wall hangings, advent calendars, candle holders...and so much more.

But for some reason- it's hard for me to get in the mood this year!
Maybe- it's just early.

Next weekend is Michelle and Kevin's wedding. I'm very excited for that- as is Brendan!
But I think that has been built up as such a big event in our lives- we haven't had much of a chance to think about anything else! So hopefully after wedding weekend we'll be in the Christmas spirit!

I'm considering doing some real Black Friday shopping for the first time....I've gone before- in Chicago- but that's more to people watch and see the cool Marshall Fields Christmas windows than to really shop.

But this year- I might actually spend some money and wait in lines. We'll see...we'll see.....
For me- I much prefer the day-after-Christmas for shopping.
I like to get deals on Christmas trees!!! :)

No comments: