Monday, November 5, 2007

I Want My TV!!!

I love my television.
I love witty shows.
I love being inspired, challenged, enlightened, entertained.

I HATE RERUNS!
Please, let the writers strike end soon!
For those of you who don't know...
The Writers Guild of America is on strike. I support them 100%!
At issue, the writers want a stake in the sale of their shows on DVD and the internet. It's only fair!

But what does that mean to you and me? It means reruns!
The Daily Show," "The Colbert Report," "Saturday Night Live" and "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" -- will go into reruns immediately.After that, almost every scripted genre will have some episodes in the can, and the strike rules will allow, in theory, completed scripts to be filmed so long as changes aren't made.

Daytime will be affected earlier than primetime, possibly running out of episodes by the end of this calendar year. But primetime sitcoms and dramas, depending on how they're scheduled, could make it a month or two into 2008 before they run out, and a handful of shows with irregular production schedules won't run out at all.

It just stinks for everyone. Television executives already make way too much money for doing nothing! Television already is a slave to ratings and sales. It's sad it's now going to be threatened because of the ulmighty dollar.

For more information: http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/11/even_more_things_you_wanted_to.html

No comments: