Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Marching On....

March is just flying by!
I hope the luck of the irish touched you in some way this past weekend!
It was odd having St. Patrick's day on a Monday!

It's been a month of changes....lots of changes at work- and some changes in my family.
We've gotten word that my grandmother is just hanging onto life in a Wisconsin hospital- that has kind-of freaked me out.
She's the one who's made us all St. Patrick's Day freaks....and has given all lots of fun stories about nudiest camps....trust me- you don't want to know.

On a lighter note- March has also brought the return of prime time television.
I have to say, while I missed all my shows, I've caught up on lots of sleep- and now I fear those days are long gone.

We've also had a very active month- Brendan is now into all sorts of sports: mostly soccer and tennis.
I've become a soccer mom- minus the mini-van.

Let me tell you about our weekend birthday party fun!
We had a party at the Orlando Science Center- a place I've always wanted to take the kids but just never did.
Well- they loved it so much we're sure to go back...but I'm not sure they will want us!
They have this mini-mountain with a river that runs through it. Kids can put on smocks and play with boats- and block certain channels of the river to make the current stronger. It's pretty cool- all the children seem to enjoy it.
But of course, Patrick had to take it one step farther.
I was helping Brendan on top of the mountain blocking off one of the channels....when a friend of mine starts laughing...saying...Jen...you might want to come see this...
I look up- and there's Patrick...ass deep...in the water.
He climbed right in and looked at me like....what?????
Here's a picture of shortly after when I pulled him out.

Patrick at Science Center

Notice the darker color on the bottom of his shorts and the puddles around him- that's all from him!!
I was a bad mom and made him spend the rest of the day in his wet shoes, socks, shorts and diaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.