Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ups and Downs...

"There's nothing worse than a sick child...."
That's not entirely true- something worse is when they are sick- and you don't know what it is.
Take a look at this!!



Patrick came home last night with a massive rash on his legs- all over...up to the butt...



We spent hours trying to find the cause...



After a warm bath and some pj's- the rash went away...
Today- more bumps came back on other parts of the body....

I went into mom freakout mode...
According to the doctor- it's MOST LIKELY a bacterial infection- and that's how it's trying to work itself out of his body.
In the meantime- it's lots of liquids and rest....
RIGHT...try explaining that to a 2-year-old.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm no doctor but that looks like an allergic reaction to me. I had something eerily similar a couple years ago. It started on my arms and legs and would go away after I took some Benadryl and a nap, but would come back and in bigger sections the next day... Until finally it covered my entire body and I had to go to the hospital. I'm not trying to freak you out but if it starts to spread, he probably needs some prescribed allergy medication. Is there anything you've changed recently with him? Diapers, laundry detergent, food? Anything new could spark something that extreme. Mine was a laundry detergent reaction.

Hope this helps and that he gets better!!

JenCook said...

Thanks for the help! My first thought was detergent...but the doctor said it's not a "contact" reaction...
So nothing he touched or touched him..

It's either some freaky virus- or something he ate...
We're going with virus for now....He also has some butt problems ;) So we think they're related...we'll see!!