Friday, December 14, 2007

TV in 2007

This past year will be remembered as the year of reruns because of the writers strike. Right now, it shows no sign of ending soon- and that could seriously cramp by 2008!
Here are my Top 10 television shows of the year:


10. Boston Legal:
Last episode, they were playing the wii. How great is that? I love how they take all the topics in the news and make it a really appealing court room drama. Plus, it's got Candice Bergen...who I love! :)

9. Gilmore Girls:
Yes- it's not on anymore- but it did wrap up this year. I miss it. So witty, fresh, charming. I want to live in Stars Hollow.

8. Weeds:
This bizarre show just keeps on surprising me. I figured it would have gotten tired by now. Somehow, they continue to push the envelope in an entertaining why....

7.Ugly Betty:
Great cast- great story lines. To put it simply, "Ugly Betty" is a show that rarely fails to put a smile on my face.

6. How I Met Your Mother:
Neil Patrick Harris makes the show. LOVE HIM! Also has a great all-around cast and great writers who rarely disappoint.
I also enjoy how they find new ways of telling a story.

5. The Closer:
Intelligent writing, moments of humor, the whodunit factor.
This is a show I never want to miss. The season finale was great- traveling across the country in an RV with Brenda Leigh's parents, a squirming suspect and Fritz...love him!

4. Gossip Girl
I believe it's one of the most underrated shows on television. It's like reliving high school- expect I get to just watch everyone else be bitchy! Well- I guess that's what I did in high school anyway!

3. Private Practice
Started off rocky- but recently- it's becoming can't miss. I think they've finally developed the characters enough that you actually like them.

2. 30 Rock:
One of the most consistently engaging comedies on television, "30 Rock" adeptly combines a love of pop culture, undeniable smarts, surreal conceits and heaping dose of inspired silliness. It's a modern-day comedy classic.

1. Grey's Anatomy
Patrick Dempsey- need I say more?

No comments: