Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My childhood sticker book

I think it's safe to say that if you were a child of the 80s you kept a sticker collection.

If you think about it, the 80s were really the beginning of the now-billion-dollar sticker industry.  I remember having to go to speciality stores just to get cool stickers when I was little - and now they are everywhere.  My kids don't even think they are cool anymore. They are free at doctor's offices!!

But oh the days when that special trip up to the Hallmark store lead to such joy as you rip off that brand new sticker from the backing and place it in the perfect spot in your sticker collection.

The 80s brought us smell stickers, puffy stickers and glitter stickers, lots of glitter.

Here's a peak into my favorite stickers from what's left of my collection.

I have to say, the ET one is my favorite - found on all pink medicine bottles when I was young. Walgreens used to put them on amoxicillin bottles. Those were the best!!!!

And be sure to check out the 80s hunks...I only recognize one of them!!

No comments: