Sunday, October 21, 2007

Trash and Treasures


I come from a long-line of garbage pickers.
I remember my mother going through neighbors trash...me hiding in the car, wanting to die of embarassement.
Now, I fear, I have turned into her!

Ok- I'm not that bad...but today, I picked my first piece of trash!
I'm sure it's nothing I'm supposed to be proud of...but I am!

I spent yesterday morning garage sale'ing with my mother. And I got some great deals!
$2- Fischer Price Dinosaur toy...Priced at $40 at Wal*Mart!
(this was bought for Patrick but now both play with it!)
$3- Brand New Baby Einstein Christmas Music CD
$1- Power Ranger Plug Play toy for Brendan
$1- Christmas long-sleve outfit for Patrick
$5- Some pretty plant for my yard that I'm told I can't kill!

Today, I found a big oak table my neighbors were throwing away.
No one was around- so I picked it up- using my HULK strength...and threw it into my garage. It's a nice low table- perfect for boys and their toys and markers!

I cleaned it out well- since it's from the house with all the college kids...and who knows what's left behind in the cracks!!

Yeah for someone else's garbage!

No comments: